Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quiche Lorraine

Although quiche is a classic French cuisine, the word "quiche" originates from the German word "kuchen" meaning cake. Similar dishes were made in England as well as early as the fourteenth century. This mixture of egg, cheese, meat and/or vegetables has become a versatile dish found in many countries.



This was such a fun experience. I made the crust as well, and it all turned out so well. I personally would have preferred adding spinach and tomato, but wanted to stick to the recipe as much as possible. 

Plus I got to use my new quiche dish my mom got me! =]

117 recipes to go, 340 days!

2 comments:

  1. I love getting to use a new tool in the kitchen! Also love Quiche Lorraine. I had never had it before until I did a freezer cooking day with some girlfriends and one of them made it (and it never made it to my freezer because it was sooo tempting!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!

    She just keeps buying me new stuff! haha She came home with a George Foreman Grill for me today!

    ReplyDelete