Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have a confession...

Up until a couple hours ago, I hadn't watched Julie & Julia because of my strong distaste for the one and only Meryl Streep. Too many people told me my blog journey was very much like the movie. And even though I'd had an idea to do this far before the movie was out, I decided the similarities were too much. I had to buckle down and watch it.


Before I knew it, I was laughing out loud and thoroughly enjoying every moment of it. It's incredibly inspiring. I'm going to have to say, it will be my next movie purchase. Through this year, when I feel bogged down by this, I will watch this movie. 


If she can do over 500 recipes, I can do 121. 


353 days. 120 recipes to go.

4 comments:

  1. Testing testing. This is a test of the blog commenting function. This is only a test. (Because Ben said he couldn't comment here)

    And yes. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I am so glad I found you through blogger-- I am a fellow Hoosier that loves to cook :)

    My name is Cris and I blog over at GOODEness Gracious ...

    Anyhoo, I am doing a similar project based off the movie only with my favorite cookbook (and no time limit ;) ). I look forward to catching up with you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I equally despise Maryl Streep and this has kept me from watching this movie but I hope it is as good as you say. :)

    ReplyDelete