Monday, January 10, 2011

Eggs Benedict With Quick Hollandaise Sauce

First Recipe: Check!



What a success! Oh my gosh. I've never had anything like this before. It wasn't a difficult recipe to follow at all. The sauce was a little too oily for me (it was mostly butter), but it was definitely still delicious. 


Poaching an egg... This was much easier than I'd expected. I broke the eggs into cups in order to make it easier on myself. I broke the first yolk (but this was OK since Ben doesn't like soggy yolk anyway). The second one, however, was perfect. 


Upon a bit of research, the origin of eggs benedict is uncertain. Whether it as an old family recipe from France by Commodore E.C. Benedict or a quick cure for a hangover by a retired Wall Street Stockbroker named Lemuel Benedict, it is a delicious alteration to the normal scrambled eggs I typically make. 


120 recipes to go.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I should have stayed up to take a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to say that I have never had eggs benedict.. But I'd like to try it!! I hope you don't mind, but I fully intend on facebooking you when you post something yummy sounding so I can get the recipe! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete